We are disciples and devotees of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother from Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
We are deeply pained to see that the book The Lives of Sri Aurobindo written by Peter Heehs is not yet disapproved by the Ashram Trust.
It is more than 4 years and the Ashram Trust has failed to act in spirit and action to disapprove the book publicly and officially and remove Peter Heehs from the Archives department and the Ashram.
The book The Lives of Sri Aurobindo written by Peter Heehs is defaming and denigrating the Mother and Sri Aurobindo and twist their teachings. The managing trustee himself has accepted this and issued a statement officially. But the Ashram Trust has not acted yet.
We are disturbed by this fact and hence we undersigned disciples demand the following remedies to be done without fail and immediately.
1. Officially declare that the book The Lives of Sri Aurobindo written by Peter Heehs is not approved by the Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust. Kindly inform us and other centers of the same.
2. Officially remove Peter Heehs from the Archives department and from the ashram and inform everyone concerned about the same.
3. Get back all the original and archival documents and manuscripts from Peter Heehs and keep them in safe custody.
4. Stop harassing people who expose the perverse contents of the book and question the inaction of the trustees.
5. If the present trustees cannot do this immediately, we sincerely request them to step down and give way others to do this with utmost seriousness.
6. Bring new rules and regulations for the Ashram Trust Board. Appoint Trustees only for 2 or 3 years and by appropriate selection mechanism
7. Bring one Advisory Body to the Trust and Ashram with representatives from all the centers and sadhana kendras from India and abroad.
CC: Respectfully submitted to the office of the following:
1. H. E. Lt. Governor, Pondicherry
2. Honorable Chief Minister, Pondicherry
3. Chief Secretary to Chief Minister, Pondicherry
4. President and Chairman, Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry